Monday, August 6, 2007

by the numbers

5: number of Sundays in a row that I wore this orange dress to church as a sort of spontaneous social experiment. conclusions: people are either way less observant than i expected, or too polite to make mention of my sudden fashion stagnation. some sadness was expressed, however, last week when i traded the orange dress in for something different.
7000 (approx): number of minutes I've spent looking for parking in my 90034 neighborhood over the last 4 years. I'm serious; I worked the numbers out. 7000 minutes = 4.9 days of my life driving around and around and around....but I'm pretty good at parallel parking now, as a result. Sniar says I park MazdaTron with exceptional grace.

21: years li'l Mushy has been alive. At least 11 high-fives to her for acquiring a 2-bd apartment in Moreno Valley and making it through 3 weeks of the Riverside Cty Sherriff's Department Academy. 30: number of songs we beat on Guitar Hero (her bday gift) the weekend Mom & I visited her. 1: number of songs Mom passed - high five for a valiant effort!
7 (approx): number of hours it took from 00:00 21 July to finish Harry Potter Book 7.

>30: number of lunches had with the lovely Sara Ellis.
>12: number of days in a row that I have been on cupcake lockdown. Turns out I can totally survive without them.

22:10: time Friday night when I saw The Bourne Ultimatum, the best threequel I've seen this summer by far. Bourne ROCKS. the action and combat and chasing in this movie - awesome.

49: number of years my daddy, aka PapaTron, has been around on this happy earth. 9568: number of days I've been alive since I was born. Also, number of days I've generally been really happy that Daryl Lee's ma' pa.
21: days left until classes begin at USC. Due to a very surprise twist in my life last Wednesday, it looks like I'll be starting a Masters program in Public Diplomacy there, in addition to keeping my present job (and social life). Uh.......what?? Life is crazy. By 'crazy', i mean, I'm sure there's Someone pulling the strings a bit, but it's fascinating to watch how it unfolds in such unexpected ways sometimes.

No comments: