Tuesday, September 30, 2008

update

quickly:

The surgery went well. Just wound up being a triple bypass, no more (al-hamdul'allah!). Finished around 2:30pm (earlier than expected - awkwardly, Ryan and I were in the processing of donating blood when we got the call). He's in the ICU for 24-ish hours with a dedicated nurse who gave us the rundown and then sent us home since she wasn't going to wake him up for a while (we talked to him and gave him lucky squeezes anyways). Had a call a little later that because he was still bleeding more than they liked, the doctor was coming back and taking him back to the operating room in order to put a stitch or two more in. This went off without a hitch, and the doctor says he's doing just fine. I'm in touch with the nurse every hour or two - apparently he's awake-ish right now, and they're taking the breathing and nasal/stomach tubes out within the hour. When we go see him tomorrow morning, apparently he should be sitting up, eating breakfast, and having a generally fantastic, if somewhat immobile, time - what with the new and effecient heart pumping capacity and all.

I'm just glad it was Dr. Pa doing the surgery, not Dr. Nick. I think Dad is well re-arranged now, and fortunately he doesn't have a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

-------

Thank you all so much for your words of support and your prayers. Again, if you want updates or anything, please feel free to call my cell phone or send an email. I'm running point on this so that the hospital isn't fielding loads of concerned phone calls from dad's fan club, so really...please don't hesitate to call me.

4 comments:

Tricky Nicky said...

I'm glad that Daddy CompTron is doing good! Keep us posted on any further developments and tell the clan hi for me!

Maxine Parrish said...

Glad to hear of PapaTron's success! Or that of his surgeon's. In any case, glad to hear he's well.

Alysha said...

I am so glad that everything went well. Still keeping you all in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything!

Chairman Mike said...

I think Mr. Crrrompton's successful recovery is completely due to W wearing her lucky swiss miss outfit.