Tuesday, May 15, 2007

dining with ms. ellis

Sara Ellis is my work neighbor. We are privileged to spend the bulk of our weekday hours in close proximity to the ocean (the very edge of the continent!), the Promenade, and a variety of other Santa Monica delights. We celebrate the neighborhood and our friendship by having lunch together as often as our schedules permit. During one such lunch last December, I realized I had a camera in my purse. We decided to take pictures. And then we decided that we'd take pictures EVERY time we had lunch. No real reason - it's just fun. and funny.

By my camera's count, today's lunch marked the 19th we've shared since that day in December, and because 19 is an arbitrarily interesting number, I'm going to celebrate it (the number, the lunch, and Sara Ellis) by posting a few pictures (for the full-blown retrospective, you'll have to wrestle mein ApfelmuessTron [aka, my laptop] away from me).

lunch #1 in december:

laying down on the Promenade to commemorate 2006's last lunch:

usually the pictures are ridiculous or horrifying. and sometimes they look like engagement pictures. sometimes it looks like we have toupees and manly facial hair.
lunch today (how quickly could you tell I cut and pasted both our bodies into this picture? it's hard to take full body shots of your accidental-dressing-alikeness when your arm isn't 6.4 feet long):

1 comment:

johnny said...

i love this blog. mostly for the surprise ending. yes. it makes a lot of sense that there was some photoshopping, but instead i was distracted, thinking: "compTron has really nice legs"...