Wednesday, May 2, 2007

a tribute to miracles

I had lunch with Bonnie today. We drove to a cool place near the beach in Santa Monica and enjoyed delicious conversation and stimulating food. When we'd finished, we walked back outside toward her car. As she fished in her purse for keys she couldn't readily locate, I looked on her trunk in horror. "Bonnie, those...please tell me those aren't your keys lying right here," I exclaimed in surprise. Her understated reply in the affirmative, followed by the discovery that in addition to leaving the keys in plain view, she'd left all the doors unlocked...it has made me a believer in whoever Saint Monica Of This Particular Californian Beach is. Clearly she smiles upon those who...those who...well, Bonnie must've done something particularly righteous and holy this morning.

No comments: