Monday, June 18, 2007

sundry june happenings

MazdaTron was infiltrated while I was in Guatemala. His insides were stuffed with shredded paper. Not to worry - moving the paper out of the cab and into the bed of the truck proved to be a great idea. So comfortable to nap in...
I bought 71 boxes of milk chocolate-covered mint Oreos at Big Lots. I'm sharing them widely. I also bought a LiteBrite and a canvas on which something yet to be determined will be drawn or pasted.
Sniar Nire came back from a month in Viet Nam, China, and Tibet. We celebrated my birth and her return to These Great States (United) by having a meal at Kathmandu Kitchen, one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. 25ish people showed up (about 10 more than I'd reserved for), and we sort of overran the place. I mean, out of maybe 12 tables, we took up 10. Goat and lamb and lentils and momos and soybeans and mango lassi were enjoyed by many. A mini guitar-hero fest/ chocolate-covered mint oreo tim tam slamming celebration ensued at Toasty Bons' place.
Good times were had by some.
Team CompTron (aka Team Sparklepants, Team Sniar, Team Kattack, Team Fizz...you get it) was almost all in attendance (sadly minus Swiss Miss and Mush).
Rocks were climbed in San Diego the following day by Kat and myself for the first time ever. We found it to be exhilerating.
Lunches were also shared last week. Some days were happy, some days were weird, and some days were unphotographed (sorry, Sniar & Dax. next time.).
I beat Freya on expert on Guitar Hero last Wednesday in just 3 tries. This made me happy. Playing a gig with Sammy Farrell and Mike Tanner at Room 5 on Friday (with ensuing Sam family/UFO story time) also made me happy. I like being a pseudorockstar.

A more coherent topical posting to come soon, fear not.

4 comments:

$ara said...

1. I want to try that Tibetan food place.
2. I need to jack some of your oreos.
3. Best. Lunch. Picture. Ever.
4. Rock climbing should happen in our future.
5. I want to be friends with more of your friends.
6. You're so danged interesting.

Michelle said...

I think you should visit mushly.blogspot.com. It's a new revolution. Awesome pictures by the way!

johnny said...

i could not be more pleased with the butt shot. it's funny how everyone has a different approach to booty grabbing...

What ? said...

saweeeeeeeeeeet. i made the lunch photographs cut, woo woo!! wendy, you buy oreos like i buy diet ibc rootbeer in the oh-so-much-like-beer-bottles-i-kind-of-feel-guilty from this one special ralphs (since none of the others carry it).