Thursday, June 21, 2007

trying hard not to let my happiness be Hindered

This song is the worst. Ever.

Read the lyrics - terribly unprincipled narrative expressed in really uninspired ninth-grade prose. Its badness is compounded by the embarrassingly earnest, cheesy music it's set to, and then it skyrockets into i-would-rather-saw-my-bottom-lip-off-
with-a-dull-knife-than-hear-this-one-more-time hideousness with its a.w.f.u.l music video, which i've conveniently posted for your viewing displeasure.

the only happiness i've derived from the trauma of the popularity of this drivel was finding that some string quartet somewhere recorded a version of it. yes, truly. and yes, i did pay 99 cents for it on itunes, and i did share it with a few unsuspecting friends. it's like the kenny g version of 'you're beautiful' that makes me want to shove a fork into my eye, but also delights me because it's so ridiculous. i mean, it's way better to find ways to laugh laugh laugh at this crap than to think of interesting ways to maim yourself with kitchen utensils in order to deal with the madness.



LIPS OF AN ANGEL

Honey why you calling me so late?

It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And, yes, I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me
Will it start a fight
No I don't think she has a clue

Well my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

4 comments:

daveghax said...

it's not his fault, wendy. i mean, look at him. he's obviously upset. i wish there was a number or something at the end of the video where we could call to help him. i just feel so bad for him. stupid angel lips.

Michelle said...

I have to admit, that movie was one of the most horrifying things I've put myself through. He reminded me of that dance we did to "Beautiful People" when he kept making that scary face and flicking his wrist. You're right about the song, too.
Next, you should bash "Better Than Me."

Dubious Brown said...

put down the fork and step away from the you tube. I never wanna say goodbye...

boxpilot said...

i just threw up in my mouth a little. . .