Wednesday, April 9, 2008

the daily roundup

tidbits of interest today:

1. two-faced baby born in India:

2. Ukraine is touted as the 'bridebasket of Europe' by the Onion. This got me thinking on the concept of wivestock and where they're best bred. Apparently not in the UK, where marriage rates have hit their lowest point in 150 years. Any thoughts?

3. People might not be uniting in holy joyous matrimony in London, but they are coming together and enjoying some fantastic foods. Well, fantastic in my book anyways (and my concept of 'fantastic' does embrace the meat cake):

4. cryptograms have made their comeback on wordles.com, the site that had me fervently desiring to do cryptographic work for the NSA for a short season a couple years back. Apparently they have something against degrees in music industry, though. Boo.

5. bumped into the top 11 of places I intended to visit in the next 7 years: Moroni, capital of the Comoros Islands. Get out your maps; it's off Africa's east coast, just north of Madagascar. Awesome mosque on the waterfront:

2 comments:

johnny said...

i love you, compTron. rock on.

JRP said...

All I can say is chunky tuna ice cream. Mmmmm....