Wednesday, July 1, 2009

life on the edge of the continent.

TJ, Mush and I began regular trips to Venice maybe 13 or 14 years ago, and we reunited there today. While we didn't see everyone's favorite boardwalk standard, the turbaned rollerskating electric guitar playing hanger-on, much remains unchanged since the days of our first visits. Flavorburst ice cream cones, two girls shooting up heroin, plenty of medicinal weed offerings, overpriced henna, cheap plastic stegosauri that growled, and these delights:

I need one of these for MazdaTron.

Did the missionaries do this? Nice tailoring of the message to the audience.

Need my palm read so desperately. By Zoltar or the lady whose cat has been telling fortunes since the 1970s. Come to think of it, I didn't see her out either.

A fellow was irritated with me for taking this picture because it infringed upon the rights to his work. I'm sure he licensed that photo of Kobe used in his LA skyline poster above.

Technicolor shemaghs...where were these in Yemen last year?

3 comments:

johnny said...

what if the fortune-telling cat died? my world would be forever changed.

Tricky Nicky said...

I'm pretty sure the fortune telling cat has moved to the Promenade. Either that or there's a copy-cat! (Hardy har har)!

Kenny said...

that chalk drawing is amaaaaazing. hat tip to whomever did that.