Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thank you. Come again.

Fox came up with the funnest marketing scheme EVER to promote the Simpsons movie coming out at the end of the month. They've hijacked twelve 7-11s across the country and turned them into bona fide Kwik-E Marts! Reason #141 why I'm happy this week: I live within a mile of one of 'em.
I've been twice already - once Monday night (waiting in line 30 minutes to get in, I was given the unparalleled opportunity to buy myself a six-pack of Buzz Cola and a box of Krusty-Os), and once yesterday with Kat to get Squishees. Never mind that the Squishee maching was half-open and had a sign on it that said 'out of order for 20 minutes'...we determined that the Blue Vanilla Squishee consistency looked good enough for our consumption, so we filled up two cups inconspicuously (though some kids saw us walking away with them, and we almost started a mini-riot. the Indian man tending the machine reprimanded us and questioned our literacy, and we...well, laughed. He took the sign off and reopened the machine for customer use, so no harm done.).

Sing with me now: who needs the Kwik-E Mart? I do!

1 comment:

Collin Mapp said...

These pictures make me very happy.